Friday 6 December 2013

What You Should Be Watching Now


These holidays I'm trying really hard to start (and hopefully finish) as many television shows that I have been meaning to watch as possible. So far I've started Mad Men and the second season of The Wire which I have been meaning to do for a long time. As hard as I am trying to get through these, I'm also struggling to keep up with what's on television at the moment.
But here's what I think you should be keeping up with that's currently airing on television:

  • ARROW (Season 2): Billionaire Oliver Queen spent five years shipwrecked on an island and has come home to be a masked vigilante by night. It's based on DC comics, and in the latest episode there is a new character named Barry Allen who I hope gets plenty more screen time because he is gorgeous. The show is a little bit cheesy and over dramatic but it's well worth it just for the Oliver/Felicity scenes this season that have been making me swoon and laugh at the same time.
  • SLEEPY HOLLOW: Based on the short story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"written in 1820 by Washington Irving but it's based in the modern day. Basically it's about Lieutenant Abby Mills who solve supernatural cases with the newly resurrected Ichabod Crane from the 1700s. I'm not entirely fussed on the crimes that they solve and how they go about it. The reason I love it is because of the relationship between Mills and Crane, which is really cute and hilarious at the same time. My favourite parts of the show are watching Crane learn about modern day life and his reactions to it. 
  • MASTERS OF SEX: A obstetrician and an ex-nightclub singer work together in the 1950s to learn more about human sexuality. Okay, so with this one there are only two episodes left now, but if you haven't bothered with it yet, start now. It's got a great cast, including Michael Sheen (from Diana, Midnight in Paris, Twilight etc) and Lizzy Caplan (Mean Girls, New Girl) who are the main two and I could basically just tell you to watch it because these two are amazing, but there is also the fact that it's fresh, interesting and very clever. 
  • ELEMENTARY (Season 2): Modern day Sherlock Holmes and Joan Watson, set in New York. This show just keeps getting better and better. I love everything that they do and I cannot say enough good things about this show. Everyone needs to watch Elementary, it's just so perfect. Ten extra points for Johnny Lee Millers (Holmes) facial expressions. 
  • REIGN: Queen Mary Stuart of Scotland is sent to France because she has been promised to Francis, the Dauphin of France since they were little. I don't think it can even be called historical fiction because they've basically just used the same names and then made the stories completely their own (and the costumes are all stunning but couldn't ever be called accurate). I was recommended to watch it by a friend and I'm so glad they told me too, it's quickly become one of my favourite shows at the moment (probably a second to Elementary). I look forward to it every week now, and Toby Regbo who plays Francis is a very large reason for this. 
  • THE CARRIE DIARIES (Season 2): Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City when she was a teenage girl. I'm loving this show more now it's in its second season. I have to admit the last few episodes of the first season really started grating on me because it got so repetitive with Carrie and Sebastian's relationship. I am a massive lover of Sebastian and his character but the whole "Is he good enough for her? Are they from two different worlds?" thing got a little boring after a while. Just decide and move on already, Carrie! Now the young Samantha has been introduced and I am loving her, but I'm a little bias because she was my favourite in SATC too. 
Also, I've also decided to make a page for shows that I'm currently watching and how up to date with them that I am, and shows that I want to watch. I feel like there should be so many more recommendations on this list but I don't watch them so I'm not able to. I want you to know that I don't leave shows like Sons of Anarchy or The Walking Dead (which I know are currently on TV at the moment) off the list because I don't like them, it's just because I haven't got to watching them yet. 

Let me know what shows you're loving at the moment in the comments!  

No comments:

Post a Comment