Monday 9 December 2013

Crossfire Hurricane

I was born in cross-fire hurricane
And I howled at my ma in the driving rain
- Jumping Jack Flash, The Rolling Stones


I was going to write a post today all about the movies that are coming out this Christmas, but I wasn't really feeling like it today. It was just one of those days, you know? Nothing in particular went wrong, but I just wasn't feeling particularly excited or happy. In hindsight, that is quite a shame because there were so many good things about today. The most exciting of all was that I managed to get tickets to see The Rolling Stones next year! I am so ecstatic about this, so I decided to come home after work and put on 'Crossfire Hurricane'. I've seen it quite a few times. I actually owe my love for the band from this HBO documentary. My parents were watching it when it came out late last year and I had sat down to watch a little bit of it and I never got up again until it finished. I watched it again the next day, and the day after that I borrowed a biography of Mick Jagger from the library and read it over the next few weeks. There was no way I wasn't going to get those tickets today.

If you don't know anything about The Rolling Stones, this is the documentary for you. It includes lots of snippets from their live performances so you can really get a feel for why they were, and continue to be, loved by so many people. There is also their history, which is told by them now and people who knew them during these times. There are lots of bits of pieces of film that have never been seen before, and it combines interviews with the band, live performances and videos of their daily lives perfectly.
Even if you do know a lot about the Stones, it's still really interesting to hear their version of the story and their views on the key moments in the bands history. 



Have you seen Crossfire Hurricane? Or have you seen The Rolling Stones live? Let me know in the comments! 

1 comment:

  1. I'll definitely have to watch this all the way through now! Still can't believe you managed to get tickets yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete