Monday 14 October 2013

Catch up #2

Hei hei guys,

I'm sorry! Aside from my post yesterday I don't think I've posted anything in over a month. I just really haven't been feeling writing posts lately and so I decided not to force it, and just to take a little break. I also had a lot going on with work over this month but, of course, I haven't stopped watching television or movies. I would never do that! Here are some things I have been loving over September. Hopefully I'll be back into the swing of things soon. 




Favourite (Television):
September was a month I was loving two shows: Breaking Bad and Orphan Black. I finished the latter earlier in the month and I'm so excited for season two already. Breaking Bad I caught up with just in time to see the last episode ever with everyone else. It took some serious effort but I actually managed to do it. There should be a post on this coming up really soon, so I don't want to say too much but definitely keep an eye out for that. 




Favourite (Films):
I didn't see a lot of films this month. I have actually spent this month annoyed due to the complete lack of films that are out in the cinema that I want to see. I have no interest in White House Down (even Channing Tatum couldn't get me to see it) and after watching Red on DVD the other day had very little interest in seeing its sequel. What I did end up seeing was Blue Jasmine. Although I feel like I knew the storyline the minute it started (it's basically A Streetcar Named Desire with flashbacks), I was still gripped and could not take my eyes off the screen. Cate Blanchett can come get her Oscar for Best Actress now - I have absolutely no doubt she will win for this. I loved all the costuming and set decorations, especially in the flashback scenes. It's a must see. I took my mum too and she can not stop talking about it.

On another note, I (finally) watched American Psycho with one of my all time favourite actors, Christian Bale. I began this film with the intention to watch just half an hour and then go to bed because I was so tired. Do you think I could stop? It was so gripping, yet so disturbing at the same time, it was perfect. By far the stand out of the whole movie was the acting of Christian Bale. He was just so convincing it was scary. I was a little confused by the ending but the amazing supporting acts from Jared Leto, Reese Witherspoon and Chloe Sevingy made up for it.




Favourite (Reading): I finished Divergent last month, and have started Insurgent it's taking me a little longer to get into that one. I read Divergent as though my life depended on it, and it was over in a day or two. I really recommend this if you liked The Hunger Games as it's quite a similar concept. The film adaptation is being released in March next years and stars Shailene Woodley and Kate Winslet. I also finished Gone Girl which I was so excited to read and had wanted to since the minute I heard it was going to be David Fincher's next project. That I finished ever quicker, I stayed up until four in the morning until I was satisfied I knew where the plot was going. I even tried to sneaky read at work (shhh!) because I was so determined to find out just what was going on. I really recommend this book but make sure you've set out a few days off before you begin it. 

Favourite (Random): I've really been loving Lily Pebbles and Vivianna Does Makeup youtube channels. They both blog about beauty and fashion, and I just find that everything they recommend I want to buy and if I do buy I can't believe that I managed to live without it before. I have been buying more and more lately which is really annoying actually because in other news: I've booked a trip to Hawaii! So I've been doing a lot of research for this as we'll be there for almost three weeks. 

Let me know what you've been loving lately, I love recommendations! x

No comments:

Post a Comment