Thursday 25 July 2013

Luther


I've spoken about Luther before on my blog, and you can bet your bottom dollar this won't be the last time.

source: blurrymelancholy


At the time of writing this, I've just finished episode one of the new season (three). After waiting what feels like an eternity for it to finally air, I have to be honest, I was feeling pretty nervous about what the show would be like and whether I would love it just as much as the previous two seasons. 
It seems I didn't have to be worried at all.
The things that make Luther one of my all time favourite series are still there. The flawless cast headed up by the always perfect Idris Elba, the gripping storylines and the beautiful lighting. One adjective I love to use is "perfect". But how else can I describe this show? Faultless. Ideal. Immaculate. Impeccable. Splendid. Sublime. Superb. Unequaled. 
I know Luther is an amazing crime show because I'm not only fascinated by the murder plot but also the "personal" story arch that is always mandatory in crime shows these days. Usually I'm so involved in catching the killer and figuring out who dunnit that I hate it when they cut to the detective's love story or their personal issues going on at home. I don't care, no one wants to see that. Luther is different in that whether it's the crime or the personal arch, I don't care, I just want more of it. This turned into a dream come true in the last episodes of season one, which I think I could say with some conviction that these are two of my favourite Luther episodes ever. 

source: enamorism

The one teensy little thing that is missing from this episode is Alice Morgan. I saw her in the trailer, so I know she's coming sometime this season, now where is she? I should have seen this coming, they are probably only going to bring her in for the last episode. I'm such an idiot for thinking it was going to be partners in crime Alice and Luther again. 
If you haven't started season three yet, or you haven't seen any Luther at all, I implore you to start! 
As usual, let me know in the comments what you have been thinking. Have you been loving Luther too or is this season not up to the usual standard?

No comments:

Post a Comment