Thursday 22 August 2013

Teen Wolf is Over . . . Now What?

If you're like me and you've been watching Teen Wolf a little bit obsessively lately, then you'll probably have found yourself at a bit of a loss after Monday night's mid-season final. To help you (and myself) out, I've compiled a little list for you to have a look at and hopefully you'll find your next favourite show in the Teen Wolf break. 

You're missing the supernatural - Have a look at Fringe. It's named after an area of science known as "Fringe Science" which is basically all these weird, wacky and non-mainstream experiments. While you won't find any wolves with six packs, what you will find is experiments more like one where Isaac goes into the ice bath to recall his memories in "Chaos Rising". Other things include an alternate reality, shapeshifters and glyph codes. The cast is absolutely amazing too including Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, Seth Gabel, Lance Reddick and Leonard Niomy. Seriously, it's worth watching just for the acting.
Honourable mentions: Vampire Diaries.


source: cyborgias

You're missing the relationships - Yes Game of Thrones could belong in the drama category, and it does have fantasy/supernatural elements to it, but the main reason why I think Game of Thrones is so successful is because of the detailed and amazingly realistic relationships that every single one of the thousands of characters have. For some reason, even though there are so many characters, it just works perfectly. The relationships have me grinning from ear to ear one second to sobbing my eyes out the next. I won't ever stop saying it: you have to watch it.

You're missing the whodunnit - You want the crime solving element of Teen Wolf again? Miss testing out your skills? Try Elementary. As a die hard fan of the BBC's Sherlock (you should definitely watch that too if you haven't seen it) I wasn't even going to give this a try when it came out last year. Only I kept hearing good things about it and so I reluctantly gave the first episode a go. Although I wasn't hooked straight away, the second half of the series really picks up and had me looking forward to watching it each week. Now I have to admit that I cannot decide between the two and that is something I never thought I would say. 


source: targaryen-prince

You're missing the drama - You want drama, here it is: Breaking Bad. If you are missing the on-the-edge-of-your-seat, "what's going to happen next" feeling and you haven't seen this series, then you need to start watching now. The show is currently airing it's last season, which is really a shame, but there are five beautiful, heartbreaking, drama-filled seasons to love. Once you start watching you won't be able to stop, you'll be clicking on the play button episode after episode, and I have to confess that I lost a lot of sleep watching this series, so you've been warned.
Honourable mentions: Orphan Black.

You're missing the comedy - New Girl. It has me laughing out loud every episode without fail. This show makes me want to leave home and live with three guy roomates just in case they turned out to be exactly like Nick, Schmidt and Winston. I would even be happy with just a Nick. He is seriously my dream guy - hilarious, awkward and looks like Jake Johnson. Season Three begins in a few weeks time, so it's a good time to start if you haven't yet. 
Honourable mentions: Misfits


source: wenchyfloozymoo

Other suggestions: Teen Wolf (1985) - the film that the television series was based on. There's a Scott (played by Michael J. Fox), a guy named Stiles and a Coach. I've never seen it, so I can't say whether it's worth watching, but obviously the creators of the tv show saw it's potential.
An American Werewolf in London (1981).
Or you could just start again, and begin re-watching Teen Wolf from Season 1. I wouldn't mind doing that myself actually. 

What I am doing is catching up with Breaking Bad, which I am currently up to the third season and finishing Orphan Black. What did you guys decide? 

1 comment:

  1. I feel like this post was made for me haha i'll defs have to get started on some of them to take me until january x

    ReplyDelete