Saturday 20 April 2013

Have You Been Watching Hannibal?


Killing must feel good to God, too. He does it all the time. Are we not created in his image?
source: misha-collins


This show is clever. It's very clever.

If you have not yet watched an episode, then go. Seriously, go and and watch it. So far you are only three episodes behind, and that's not much to catch up on. Don't forget to come back though!

NBC's Hannibal is definitely in my list of favourite shows at the moment. Every single episode has had perfect dialogue, beautiful cinematography and skillful acting. It is sharp and I am absolutely loving it.
I know it might sound weird when I say that the cinematography is beautiful, but really, it is. Their use of colours and lighting is just stunning and so rich.

Source: ladymargaerytyrells 

So maybe you're not into watching cannibalism? Understandable. I have seen Silence of the Lambs (which Hannibal is meant to be the prequel to), I watched it because my mother made me when I was around fifteen. My mum is kind of obsessed with scary/horror films and she was just trying to educate me on the "classics". Admittedly, I did watch most of it through the tiny cracks of fingers as my hands were covering my eyes when I would get too scared. It is because of her that I grew up watching crime shows (real life and drama series) from a very young age, and I share her enthusiasm for them (not so much the horror films though, to her disappointment). So I'm actually glad this show has come along, because I think it's just the next step up. Yes, it is definitely worse than CSI. Yes, it is definitely worse than Criminal Minds. Yes, it is worse than Luther.

Source: libranta

Have you guys seen Luther? I love that show. If you are nervous about watching Hannibal because you're worried it might be just that little bit too gruesome, just ask yourself of whether you could deal with worse than Luther? Nothing massive, just lots more blood (especially in the first episode) and more graphic crime scenes. Have a look at some of the photos I've posted and see whether you could look at them for a little while longer.
If you haven't seen Luther either so you can't compare it, then go. Seriously, go and watch it. And while you're there just have a think about what you've been doing with your life so far.
All that said, most of all the episodes so far are talking. You have moments where Will Graham (portrayed perfectly by Hugh Dancy) will re-enact the murder in his imagination to try and fit the pieces of puzzle together in his head and sometimes he dreams scary details of the murder but the majority of the episode is always the discussions between characters.
I can assure you that you will not regret starting to watch this show. Even if it is just for the fact that you get to witness Mads Mikkelsen as Hannibal Lector. The subtleties in his face are just a privilege to watch. This man can act.

Source: hiddlesy

If you do watch the show, let me know what you think, I would love to hear some more opinions!
Also, if you are up to date with the episode, you might want to check out NBC's Hannibal website before watching next weeks episode. They are cutting what was meant to be the fourth episode of the show because the creators felt that due to the events in Boston this week it was perhaps too disturbing. Important clips for the shows continuity will be put up on the shows website. From what I understand the full episode will be available when the DVD comes out.



1 comment:

  1. I feel like you are talking directly to me when you say "Seriously, go and and watch it". Okay, I will! Great post, you have convinced me and I'll watch an episode today. Thanks for brekkie this morning! x

    ReplyDelete