Sunday 17 March 2013

Community & Confessions

Community - what a dean-lightful show! I've always been a big fan of it. I love it's take no prisoners attitude, meta humour and pop culture references. It's fresh and new. There is no predictability here. 



Sadly, there was a little lapse in my viewing. It wasn't like I had decided I now hated the show and couldn't stand it's characters or anything like that. I just felt that somewhere in season two they lost their mojo a little. I'm sure some of you will not what I mean - that claymation Christmas episode and the bottle episode they acknowledged was bad. It just wasn't doing it quite as much for me anymore. 
There were other factors too: I had new shows to watch, I remember starting Game of Thrones about that time too. The other problem is a little illness of mine I have: I like to save episodes. 
It's a strange disorder where the sufferer falls madly in love with a show and when it's close to ending (it can be either a season, a storyline or the end of the whole show) they will stop watching it. 
I'll hoard episodes until I feel as though it's the right time to continue. 
At the moment I'm hoarding: 

  • The last two episodes of The Hour Season 2 (don't even talk about it, it's a very sensitive topic for me at the moment). 
  • The last three seasons of Breaking Bad (I heard season three was the best, so I don't want to rush it)
  • The final two episodes of the British classical The Bill (I never want it to end!)
I admit I have a problem, and I suppose that's the first step to recovery. 


Anyway, that's my long winded explanation as to why I stopped watching Community for a very long time. 
You might have guessed from this post, that I have finally watched the end of season two and the rest of season three. I loved it, I loved every minute of it. Some minutes more than others, of course. However, it made me wonder why I had ever stopped watching it. All my little annoyances with characters had gone too. I used to have a small problem with Britta, and now she's one of my favourite characters. Pierce was starting to get on my nerves too, but no longer bothers me. The dean is now officially my favourite character. 

Pop pop!
I will forever ship Jeff and Britta - but only how they are now. I don't think I want to see them actually date. As much as I love Jeff and Britta, I have a weird thing for Annie and Jeff too. But I definitely would not want to see them date. I just like seeing what the show does with them because it's always hilarious. Britta and Troy too. But I could never properly ship either of those. That'd just be weird. 

So although I've admitted my problem. I've stopped watching Community again (I know, I'm sorry!). I still have the last episode of season three left, and whatever they're currently up to in season four at the moment. 


So do you guys watch Community too? Save shows like I do? Or are you a little more sane? 

No comments:

Post a Comment