Friday 29 March 2013

Catch Up


Happy Easter! 

It's actually only just the start of this Easter long weekend, which I am so happy about. I'm using the weekend to catch up a little on all the uni things I've sort of fallen behind on and to hopefully watch a few more movies I've been meaning to see for a while. Today my plan was to finish my essay on Egyptian shabti figures, but that didn't really work out, unless I somehow manage to write another 600 words before I go to bed and it's already midnight (read: unlikely). 

Instead, however, I've had a lovely day and I shouldn't be complaining that I didn't get my essay done. My family and I went out for lunch near the beach and I ate way too much (which is pretty much my story for the whole day). For desert my brother and I shared a Snickers cake, which the whole time I was wishing that we weren't sharing and that I had my own slice, or even my own cake of. 



When we came home I tried to work on my essay but instead I watched Moonrise Kingdom, which I will hopefully be reviewing sometime soon (let me try finish this essay first!). Then dinner, which was takeaways and I finished that off with a whole packet of Cadbury Marshmallow Eggs and a bowl of Rocky Road ice cream while watching Argo (which I will also get around to reviewing someday soon). 




This week has been pretty up and down for me. Work was absolutely shitty for a couple of days and it totally drained me. I only got to the gym once this week, but managed to get out for a run one night. I've been eating okay, thankfully, if you don't count todays overload! The gym was closed today, but open tomorrow so I might go in the morning and hopefully work off some of these marshmallow eggs. I have a hieroglyphs test on Wednesday and my essay on shabti's is due on Thursday so I doubt if I'll get back on here before then. 


That said, however, this week is the return of two of my favourite television shows in the entire world. Tomorrow is Doctor Who and Monday is Game of Thrones. So if I'm so inspired I might have to come on here and type a review straight away. To be honest with you guys though, I haven't really be excited for either of them. I know, I know, I just said they were my favourite in the world, but both shows just took away my favourites too. I loved Amelia and Rory Pond. And I loved Renly, the one and true King on the Iron Throne. I just wasn't looking forward to either of them in the same way that I usually am. I do know, however, in my heart of hearts that it's going to be okay, and that I'll watch them and wonder what the hell I was so worried about. Photos of Margaery are helping to put my heart back together after Renly broke it, and the beautiful creations like the one made by the talented oswiny are helping to heal the wounds that Amy left. 




So guys, have a happy long weekend! Enjoy watching the new shows that are coming out this week and don't forget to tell me what you think! 




No comments:

Post a Comment