Monday 18 February 2013

Catch Up


Hey guys, 

Hope you had a fantastic Monday. I love Mondays because I don't have to work, and starting in two weeks I'll be  at university, but just for an hour tutorial. Next Monday, however, is the Oscars (for people in Australia)! Jess & I are going to spend the day watching to Oscars and eating junk food and I couldn't be more excited! We've both got our predictions ready which I might write down on Sunday night in preparation. 

Today I went DVD shopping. I was hoping to buy Peter Pan but alas, it's special release hasn't come to Australia yet (does anyone know if it will?). Or even to buy the Avengers, but it's still priced at $37. I refuse to buy a film for over $20. A television series, I understand as you get more hours worth, but for a movie the answer is always no. So that was a bit of a let down. Then I was looking at the BBC section, to see how much Misfits Season 3 was, and that's when I saw it . . . The Hour Season 2. I had to have it. I hadn't even bothered looking for it because I had assumed it wouldn't be out in Australia yet - it only finished last week on ABC. $32 well spent. 

guess what's inside? 
the list of dvds to come and when they're expected.
right down the bottom is skyfall (27/03)
can you spot game of thrones season two (6/03)
did you guess correctly? 
Other than that, I've been mucking around on the computer and catching up on some trailers for new films coming out. I just thought I'd jot down a few that I am super excited about, and will definitely be seeing in the cinema. 


rooney mara plays emily taylor in side effects

Side Effects 
(Released 28th February in Australia)
Rooney Mara. She is amazing. This movie looks like my kind of movie, I mean, who doesn't love a good thriller? I am also a huge fan of Steven Soderbergh (director of all the Ocean movies, Contagion, Magic Mike - the list goes on). Jude Law, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Channing Tatum are also cast, so I know it's going to be good. 

at the new york premiere 
at the berlin film festival
at a berlin press conference for side effects

The Lone Ranger
(Released 4th July in Australia)
Watching the first few seconds of the trailer and spotted Ruth Wilson. It couldn't be? Then she flashes quickly again and it's either her or she has a doppleganger who is also in the acting business. I can't believe I didn't know she was going to be in a Johnny Depp movie! I am so happy that she's getting more recognition because she really is an amazing actress. Other than Ruth, I'm excited for this movie but I don't think I'll have to see it on the day it comes out or anything. 


The Place Beyond the Pines
(Released 9th May in Australia)

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
(Released 22nd August in Australia)

Stoker
(Released 29th August in Australia)



I also checked the movies coming out over the next month:
  • Amour (21st February)
  • Beautiful Creatures (21st February)
  • Cloud Atlas (28th February)
  • Broken City (7th March)
  • Great Expectations (7th March)
  • Oz: The Great and Powerful (7th March)


I have to admit the one I am most excited about this month is definitely Cloud Atlas. And yes, it is because Ben Whishaw is in it, but it also looks like a very intriguing film that will have me on the edge of my seat. Hopefully it lives up to my very high expectations of it. 

What films are you guys looking forward to at the moment? 

1 comment:

  1. Yo! I stalkerishly (not really, I clicked on the movies page on your tumblr) found my way here. Sick blog - seriously, such a good read. If you want, you can read my embarrassing travel posts now :) It's Jess by the way haha

    ReplyDelete