Friday 8 November 2013

Suits Marathoning


One of the main reasons why I love movies and television is because, as cheesy as it sounds, they show me new worlds. Whether it's the world of Harry Potter, Skyler White or Vincent Vega, you are exposed to new characters, ideas and settings I had never imagined myself. 
When I'm marathoning a television series, or I'm watching one movie over and over again, it's because I want to escape this world and belong to their's for a little while. I want to work alongside Lisbeth Salander and solve murders or I want to be a journalist along with Freddie and Bel for The Hour. 


Lately though, I've been catching up with Suits. If you haven't heard of it before, it's about two lawyers: Senior Partner Harvey Spector (Gabriel Macht) and his Associate, Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams). Except there is one problem: Mike never went to law school. It's a beautiful mix of drama and comedy. I believe it's also one of those rare shows that gets better with age. I loved season one when I was watching it, but it's improved each season. Currently, they are in a mid-season three break and I'm really wishing it would come back right now. 



I'm also wishing that I was secretary in a big law firm. Not the big shot lawyer, no, that's not very me. I want to be Donna, Harvey's Girl Friday. I am fully aware of the reality of the situation, but the series never shows those parts. What it does show is Donna (Sarah Rafferty) being totally awesome, wearing stunning outfits, drinking coffees and gossiping. And did I mention she gets to work with Harvey Spector? 
So a law firm has been the latest world to imagine I was in, strange as it sounds. 
Does anyone else do this too? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment