Wednesday 7 August 2013

Man of Steel


You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive to.

You know those movie’s you just know you’re going to love? Well this was definitely one of them for me.

source: isaaclacry

What is there not to love? I’m a sucker for all superhero movies, Henry Cavill, and anything Christopher Nolan has his name on.
Sadly, I couldn’t see this movie when it first came out (the downsides of Europe, eh?) so I feel like this review is a little pointless but if you haven’t seen it yet: try and find a cinema where it’s still showing and go or definitely start looking forward to it coming out on DVD.
When I was talking to Jess after we saw the film, I said that it reminded me of Nolan’s Batman Trilogy. She agreed, and then added “but a lot cheesier”. That is something I definitely noticed too, and there were times during the film I felt it was a bit lame and other times I kind of liked it, and I swooned like a little school girl falling easily for the cheesiness of Henry Cavill’s lines and wishing desperately that I was Amy Adams.

source: isaaclacry

At Comic-Con a few weeks ago, they announced the Man of Steel sequel, which is to feature an established, older Batman too. Rumours have already started circling about who is to play Batman including Ryan Gosling, Josh Brolin and my favourite of the rumoured: Tyler Hoechlin from Teen Wolf. Personally I am very interested to see who ends up with the role. As a huge fan of Christian Bale, whoever ends up in the role has massive shoes to fill in my opinion. It is set for a 2015 release.

What did you guys think? Did you love Henry Cavill as the latest Superman? Are you looking forward to the next instalment? 

No comments:

Post a Comment